If only I knew…

I’ve recently gone through some of the family photos from my childhood, and there was one photo in particular that caught my attention.  Please have a look:

The little girl in the photo is me, and that’s my uncle next to me.  (The dress I have on was actually made by my mother).  This photo was taken sometime around 1994, and it’s set in the Bronx Zoo.

This photo kind of seems to have a bit of intensity, in my eyes at least.  I don’t know who that little boy is; he just happened to be in the photo when it was taken.  He seems to be around my age.  I think we were both staring at each other for a split second.

I wonder…where is he now?  Is he a college student like I am?  Did he join the military?  Or is he backpacking across the globe?  I hope he’s alive and well and happy, wherever he is.

Well, this past week just flew by, and needless to say, it was hectic.  I had my Linguistics midterm on the 26th, & this Tuesday I have my Math midterm.  I also have an English paper due in a week (which I am very nervous about, as my English professor for this semester is a very tough grader).

My 19th birthday was a very quiet birthday, & I think that’s just the way I like it.  After all, I’m very lucky and happy to be alive & well.  I wouldn’t want to take anything for granted, not ever again (if I have ever in the past).  I was very happy just to have my close-knit family members around me, and when I arrived home from classes, a birthday cake awaited me (even though I asked for no cake).  And my mom had already made biriani (a Bengali dish, oh so yummy!) for us, so it was all good.  I strive to cook like her one day, although I don’t know anything!

Have a good night everyone!  Here’s a pic of my birthday cake (the strawberries were the best part!):