And Time Just Keeps Moving Rapidly…

As usual, it’s Monday morning now at around 1:30 a.m.  I have so much work to do; I have 2 papers that are due this Wednesday.  I’m working on it, but no matter how hard I put work into these papers, it just seems never ending.  And one week later, I have another 2 papers due.  And on top of all this, I’ll have to face finals week.  This time of the fall semester is really hectic.

I received another bad news this past week.  I had applied for another job position about 2 weeks ago.  And a few days ago, I checked my e-mail, and found that I was declined the position.  I don’t know what’s going on…it’s one rejection after another.  I’ve updated my resume, but there’s no longer anything that I can add to it at this point in time, since no one’s hiring me, even though I’m constantly applying for jobs.  It’s really frustrating.

Moving on to more lighter news, this past weekend was Thanksgiving weekend.  My mom made turkey (she’s an awesome cook!) and we all just had a small get-together meal.  Everything felt so comfortable and fuzzy.  And, I baked a cake for the first time, all by myself!  It wasn’t all too complicated; all I had to do was buy the cake mix and follow the instructions to bake it.  To my surprise, everyone in the family loved my baking; my dad even teased me that I should study culinary arts.

And Friday was Black Friday.  I didn’t go to any of the shops early in the morning because I didn’t want to face the scary, dangerous crowds that would follow.  Instead, I went to Macy’s at around 4:30 p.m. with my mom.  But, it was still crowded even then!  I stumbled across the fragrance section and absolutely fell in love with a scent.  It was Jessica Simpson’s Fancy.  The sales representative was very persuasive.  Fancy already came in a gift box set, and because it was near the holiday season, a free bag came with the set.  But the sales representative that had caught me said that she’d throw in an extra bag if I bought the set.  As I had enough money saved up (which isn’t most of the time), I decided to go for it and bought it.

I’ve been kind of afraid of buying full-sized fragrances for a while.  This is because even though a scent might smell absolutely enchanting to me during a certain time, in time, that certain smell might start to dull up on me (or the smell could even be associated with bad memories, memories which I’d like to forget), and I might not want to wear it anymore (which happened to me with the expensive J’adore Dior that I got during senior year of high school).  But, this time, I’m willing to take a chance.  And hopefully, no bad memories will be able to be associated with Fancy.  Then maybe Fancy will be for keeps. =]