Boo-hoo

Behavior fascinates me whether it be normal, eccentric or otherwise.  I am always observing, scrutinizing, and analyzing behavior and even observing my own behavior and altering it to better myself.  The psychologist in me truly misses commuting on the subway as it is a plethora of different and often times outlandish behavior.  I have been commuting to work via automobile since November of last year and nothing (and I mean nothing) varies in my commute.  The most exciting thing for me I suppose is choosing between the grand central parkway and the long island expressway.  I observe cars and in the cars I observe people who are either angry, yawning, or singing.  Boring, yes.  I did however make an interesting observation in my place of work when I realized that crying seems to be the neosporin for mistakes.  This life “wite-out”, as it may, always seems to get some out of any situation and can manipulate others into offering sympathy to the person at fault.  I work in a team of four and there is that one person who overdramatizes it all, whether it be a clients, another team’s or someone on our team’s mistake, using demeaning and derogatory phrases.  When a mistake is made by either of the aforementioned a speech is always given to the guilty party by a superior and the mistake is remedied.  When this particular person makes a mistake, the waterworks flow, and I mean flow.  The hyperventilating and sobbing and panicking is applauded in a sense.  The mistake is forgotten, water is fetched and tissues are offered.  It’s bizarre because when I think back to the golden days of childhood, when I thought 10 a.m was early, I recall when a situation arose where a crier was at fault it seemed that generating water from their face was a quick and favorable remedy.  It just stuns me because having thin skin should not be something that is reinforced in society. Why should someone who has trouble with being scolded or disciplined in a “reality-appropriate” way be given a pass? They shouldn’t.  I see the same behavior in parent child relationships.  When kid’s cry they get the candy they begged for, the toy they’ve been bawling about and/or the unnecessary gadget they desire.  What does this lead to? Children growing up into adults who believe that they are entitled.  So the crier’s always get what they want.  I guess unjust justice is just one of the means by which our country makes it money.