The Rain

It’s been raining for the past couple of days, and the weather report says that there will be a few more days of water falling from the sky.  This may come as a shock to people who put their full trust in the “April showers bring May flowers” saying.  Yes, it did rain this April, and yes, flowers have blossomed this month.  But even so, the past few days have many people wondering if they’re living in the wrong month.

I, for one, love the rain very much.  I know a lot of people who feel differently, but I’ve always been different.  Coffee makes me sleepy.  Medications that are supposed to make people feel awake keep me from staying awake.  I prefer the cold weather over the hot summer humidity.  And, I love rain.

When rain starts pouring, and when the sky turns a bit darker than usual, everything in my world feels more tranquil.  The rain and the slight brush of wind helps me to relax.  Even when the drizzle increases, and even when the wind hits harder and the sky gets darker, I still can’t feel differently.  All I need is a sturdy see-through umbrella, and I’m without any complaints.  I feel as though the rain allows me to breathe, and after all the breath-holding I’ve endured, it feels nice to just let it all out.