How I feel about living with Earthquakes. . .

The other day as I was in the middle writing a paper for class I felt a light shaking. I thought perhaps it was just a passing truck or something, but it was odd since it was 4AM in the morning! The trembling continued and for a moment I paused my work, fearing the rate that the trembling might increase. Luckily it didn’t, but I forgot what I was going to write next for my paper. It was not funny. I continued writing as the small tremor continued.

This is when I realized, when have I gotten so used to the small tremors? They don’t happen too frequently, but I do remember my first tremor. A very slight feeling as if a dizzy spell just hit me. But it wasn’t just me it was everyone around me as well. So that’s how it must have felt earlier in September in NYC. I was already in Japan by then when the small tremor hit NYC. It must have been a new experience for many of you, as the experience of  tremors was new for me. If fact, some of you might not have even noticed it.

I’ve been asked by a friend to come back in one piece, which I think is funny. I think I’ll be quite fine, there’s no life threatening aura’s anywhere – no animals in panic. Another friend states that he’s coming to Japan to study abroad in January of 2012, congratulations! Now for the rest of you to be influenced by my words to go abroad to study, live, and experience things that can teach you a lot through your lifetime! Open your world to the infinite possibilities out here!

Now back to my friend, he is slightly worried about the small tremors, since it’s been going on for quite a while. The news stated that these tremors will probably be around until next year September, but we’ll just have to keep up with the news.

The Tokyo area where I currently reside isn’t as badly damaged as Fukushima was, and currently is running fairly smoothly. It’s rare to be reminded of it, but there is an energy saving alert ongoing in Japan currently. I usually forget because everything is running so smoothly, it’s actually not really hitting me that Japan had such a bad hit just earlier in the year. It makes me want to venture to more places and explore, so that I can see it all in person. But unfortunately, I am not rich and didn’t win the latest scholarship, so I have enough to go to probably, hopefully, go to Osaka, Hiroshima and Nagano. If I could I would like to go to the heavy disaster area and help out. Well, we’ll see how that goes.