Advocacy- Stand Tall

Advocate: noun- a person who argues for or supports a cause or policyvoiceadvocate

If you walk away with only one thing from reading my blogs this past year, I hope you know how vital it is to stand up for what you believe in.  Start conversations. Share what is important and interesting to you, and people will learn from it. I have always believed that the best educators are the most passionate ones– those who truly want the best for their students are most effective.

Find something in life to fight for.  Advocacy leads to awareness which leads to change.

Whether you advocate for something as widespread as putting an end to bullying, or for something as personal as making someone smile more often, your goal is the same—to improve quality of life. And that is the underlying goal of all Speech-Language Pathologists, to improve the quality of life for patients they treat.

And with that, post number 30 is complete. Blogging over the course of this past year as I took my first steps toward becoming an SLP has been an amazing experience, one that I will always remember. Thank you to my family, friends, and readers for your support these past two semesters. I hope you found my blog to be fun, informative, and inspiring.

Your Everyday Language Blogger,

Angela