Garlic Aioli: The Fancy Man’s Mayo

Are you tired of eating the same choice deli meat with the same store brand mayo day in and day out?

giphy

Are you looking to spice up your meals without breaking the bank? Well you’re in luck! Today we’re going to learn how to make garlic aioli! This is one of my favorite sauces because it is incredibly easy to make (seriously though it’s really easy) and it takes little to no effort. There are minimal ingredients and you can put it on anything and it will add a touch of class and a ton of flavor.

Aioli is traditionally a thick sauce made from egg yolk, minced garlic and olive oil originating from Southeastern France. Thankfully, mayonnaise was invented and our lives and our palates benefited greatly from it. So here’s what you’re going to need:

3-4 cloves of garlic

1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice

1 cup mayonnaise

dfdf

ground black pepper (to preference)

Ultimately, this recipe comes down to one’s taste preferences. I love garlic so I usually put 4 cloves per 1 cup of mayo, but for those that aren’t garlic fanatics like me, I would recommend using 3 cloves per 1 cup of mayo. The same applies to the lemon juice. It cuts down on the greasiness of the aioli but if you’re not a fan of tart, keep it at 1 tablespoon.

Mince the garlic and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Add black pepper to your preference, but I like to put a teaspoon or so just for a bit of a kick. And that is it! It goes great on sandwiches, with fries, or as a sauce to spruce up school food. Thanks for checking out this recipe and if you have any questions or comments, let me know in the comment section down below. Now get to eating!

One thought on “Garlic Aioli: The Fancy Man’s Mayo